Types of SEO: SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the process of improving a website’s visibility and relevance in organic search results. SEO can be divided into different types, depending on the techniques and strategies used to optimize a website. In this blog post, we will discuss four main types of SEO: on-page, off-page, technical and local SEO.
Types of SEO
Types of SEO: On-page SEO
On-page SEO refers to the optimization of the content and elements on a web page, such as title tags, meta descriptions, headings, keywords, images, internal links, and more. The goal of on-page SEO is to make the web page relevant and user-friendly for both search engines and users. On-page SEO helps to increase the click-through rate, dwell time, and conversions on a web page.
The main on-page factors include:
- Title tag: A shortened version of your page title (less than 60 characters) that has your main keyword, secondary keyword, and brand name. Use Moz’s preview tool to see how your title appears in SERPs.
- Meta description: A short (160 or fewer characters) summary of your webpage that tells people what to expect and encourages them to click. It should have your keyword, synonym, or related latent semantic indexing (LSI) terms and phrases.
- Images: Optimize your photo titles, file names, captions, and alt text for humans first, then SEO. Include keywords where applicable and follow Google’s image best practices.
- URL structure: Typically, it’s best to avoid strings of numbers or dates. Instead, separate your page title (including any keywords) by dashes—review Search Engine Journal’s in-depth URL guide for more information.
- Internal linking: These help search engines find and understand your pages. Internal links also keep visitors on your website, which tells Google that your information is relevant. Use a keyword as anchor text, not “click here.”
- Content: Write high-quality, original, search-optimized content based on search intent. Include your keyword in the first few sentences and at least one header. Use variations of your keyword throughout your content.
However, before improving your performance, you must perform keyword research and develop an SEO strategy.
Types of SEO: Off-page SEO
Off-page SEO refers to the optimization of factors outside of a web page, such as backlinks, social media, online reviews, brand mentions, and more. The goal of off-page SEO is to increase the authority and popularity of a website in the eyes of search engines and users. Off-page SEO helps to build trust, credibility, and reputation for a website.
Types of SEO Off-page SEO tactics include:
Backlinks: When high-quality websites link to your site, it increases your authority. However, inbound links can take time to acquire. Develop the right approach using this backlink guide from SEO.
Online reviews: Devise a strategy for collecting customer testimonials on your Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business), Yelp, and other pertinent review sites.
Brand signals: Actions like people entering your company’s name into a search box or interacting with your social profiles show Google that your business is real. Brand awareness and social media marketing help your off-page SEO efforts.
The true purpose of off-page SEO is to build your site’s reputation and trustworthiness in the eyes of search engines and users. By applying these tactics, you can improve your site’s ranking potential and organic traffic. In this blog post, we will explore each of these off-page SEO techniques in more detail and show you how to implement them effectively.
Technical SEO refers to the optimization of the technical aspects of a website, such as a site speed, mobile-friendliness, site structure, URL structure, XML sitemaps, robots.txt, canonical tags, and more. The goal of technical SEO is to make the website easy to crawl, index, and rank by search engines. Technical SEO helps to improve the user experience, site performance, and security of a website.
Local SEO refers to the optimization of a website for a specific geographic area, such as a city, state or country. The goal of local SEO is to make the website relevant and visible for local search queries and users. Local SEO helps to attract more local customers, increase foot traffic and generate more sales for a business.
These are the four main types of SEO that can help you improve your website’s ranking and traffic in organic search results. By applying these types of SEO techniques to your website, you can boost your online presence and grow your business.