SEO Service Agreement (“Terms & Conditions”)
This SEO Service Agreement (“Agreement”) is by and between SEO Company #1 and you, and your heirs, assigns, agents, and contractors (collectively, “You”) and is made effective as of the date of execution. This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions of Your use of SEO Company #1 search engine optimization (“SEO”) service and represents the entire Agreement between You and SEO Company #1 concerning the subject matter hereof. By using SEO Company #1 ´s SEO service, You acknowledge and agree that You have read, understood, acknowledged, and agreed to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, along with any new, different or additional terms, conditions, or policies, including, but not limited to, the Universal Terms of Service that SEO Company #1 may establish from time to time.
1. The SEO Service
SEO Company #1 currently provides SEO service to its customers on a monthly subscription model based on the level of support and on-going optimization that is required. SEO Company #1 shall provide You its SEO service that is aimed, but not guaranteed, to optimize pre-defined keywords and phrases, however, You agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth herein and in each of SEO Company #1 policies and procedures, as may be amended by SEO Company #1 from time to time.
1.1. The SEO service is not guaranteed, but will be performed to the best of SEO Company #1 knowledge and ability;
- You should be satisfied once you have chosen to engage SEO Company #1 to implement the SEO service by examining SEO Company #1 experience and previous work SEO Company #1 has the requisite knowledge and ability to implement the SEO service for You.
- Your website’s ranking with a particular Search Term will rely on both the relevancy of that term on your pages, the popularity of that term on other websites and the relevance of the back-links to your website to the search term.
- Although Google’s results are displayed on other search engines, the work that is carried out by SEO Company #1 is aimed at increasing visibility and boosting ranking on Google, MSN and Yahoo!. It is not possible to give a 100% guarantee for any specific result on any search engine, nor can SEO Company #1 quantify the level of increased traffic or sales, as a result of the SEO campaign.
- No guarantees will be given as to a Your website’s ranking as the search engines change their ranking algorithms on a regular basis and new sites and competitor sites may be being optimised and submitted continually. It is possible for Your website’s rankings to go backwards, if this were to happen, no liability will be on SEO Company #1 and no refunds or discounts given.
- SEO deliverables are to improve Your website rankings on the keywords selected &/or close variations of these phrases. In some cases it may not be possible to improve rankings on certain keyword phrases and in this case SEO Company #1 will select the closest relevant keyword phrases to optimise.
- SEO process takes at least 2-3 months to show some significant effect. During this time the client site is analysed and optimised within the timelines and resources specified in agreement. Achieving stable high rankings can take up to 6-12 months.
1.2. SEO reporting will be commence 2 months after the that start date of the campaign and performed once per month unless otherwise agreed by the client
- Results will be based upon listings of Google only unless otherwise agreed
1.3. You agree to give SEO Company #1 the following access and that should such access not be granted, SEO Company #1 will not be held responsible for meeting any agreed upon targets;
- You grant authority to submit the website pages being promoted to search engines and directories.
- SEO Company #1 will have the ability to optimise the structure and content of clients’ web pages. Such changes generally have a minimal visual impact. SEO Company #1 will work directly with You in order to maintain the original look and feel of your website.
- You must inform webmasters or anyone else who has access to the Website that SEO Company #1are performing SEO services on the site.
- You must allow implementation of all optimisation strategies on their website.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your website is always active and accessible.
1.4. Any SEO work that SEO Company #1 undertakes may be detrimentally affected if You have:
- Employed the services of another SEO Company or any other related company to work on the website during the same period, or
- Employed the services of a search engine submission company during the same period, or
- Created any duplicate sites, duplicate content or pages, redirects or doorway pages, or
- Requested or exchanged links with link farms or undertaken any spamming techniques which may harm the website’s ranking with Google, or
- Attempted to use any other techniques, whether allowed by Google or not, to attempt to increase the SEO ranking of the site, or
- Any other additional SEO or SEO related activity.
1.5. SEO Company #1 will not be held responsible for reaching any agreed upon targets if You have attempted to complete any of the above listed tactics (see 1.1)
- To that effect SEO Company #1 requests that You inform SEO Company #1 in writing if any of the above has been undertaken either currently or prior to the appointing of SEO Company #1. If any such work has been undertaken SEO Company #1 will not be held responsible for any agreed targets or guarantees and in such circumstances and SEO Company #1 reserves the right to withdraw its obligations to the client.
- It is agreed and understood that any activities undertaken by You (or by any third party on Your behalf) which is in relation to or similar to the Works, including without limitation any modification of the Works or the Your website or the use of or inclusion of any third party product or service which might relate to the Works shall interfere with the provision of the Works by SEO Company #1 and affect the results, outcomes and positions in search engines. All such things should be discussed with SEO Company #1 prior to implementation and You shall not implement the same without the prior written consent of SEO Company #1.
- SEO Company #1 may make void any campaign and render all of the outstanding balance payable should it be discovered that You have participated in actions considered undesirable (spamming) by the search engines, such as hidden links, links to link-farms, FFA link pages, redirect or cloaking techniques, submissions the web pages of the site to the search engines, search directories or other websites without the consent of SEO Company #1, used automated website submission software or automated reciprocal link programs.
1.6. SEO Company #1 may provide hosting advice and will not be held liable for not achieving agreed upon goals in the event that such advice is not taken
- The Client agrees that their website is not hosted on free webspace using domain forwarding (either framed or otherwise).
- In cases where there is either concern that the current hosting IP address may be part of a ‘bad neighbourhood’ or for reasons of optimisation, SEO Company #1 may request the client to change hosting provider.
1.7. SEO Company #1 cannot be held responsible for problems or additional costs arising due to any errors made by third parties, or failure to maintain a current copy of your own website.
2. Intellectual Property
Except as expressly stated elsewhere in this Agreement, this Agreement does not grant You any rights in the SEO service and all rights are reserved by SEO Company #1. You acknowledge and agree that the SEO service and procedure, the names and logos of SEO Company #1 and all related product and service names, are the sole and exclusive property of SEO Company #1 and its affiliates.
3. Fees and Payment
3.1. Fees will be billed in advance on a Monthly cycle in your selected currency (Australian dollar) for Services. The Fees are based on the volume package you select and any excess fees from the previous billing cycle. You are responsible for reviewing the Fee Schedule from time to time and remaining aware of the Fees charged by SEO Company #1. The Fee Schedule, for both standard subscriptions and excess fees, is subject to change at any time at SEO Company #1’s discretion. SEO Company #1 will notify you in writing prior to the effectiveness of any change to the fee schedule. In many cases, existing subscribers will be able to retain current pricing for 12 months, but that is also at SEO Company #1’s sole discretion.
3.2. Where Search Engines require subscriptions in order to be registered these costs are the responsibility of the client unless otherwise stated in writing in the agreement or as published as part of the campaign that has been purchased. Where registration fees are required SEO Company #1 will register the clients URL with the directories used by the major search engines. The client will be responsible for these fees unless stated in writing in the agreement or as published as part of the campaign that has been purchased.
4. Responsibilities and Restrictions
- 4.1. This is an Agreement for Services, and you are not granted a license to any software by this Agreement. You will not, directly or indirectly: reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code, or underlying structure, ideas, or algorithms of, or found at or through the Services or any software, documentation, or data related to the Services (“Software”); remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Services or any Software, modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Services or any Software; or copy, distribute, pledge, assign, or otherwise transfer or encumber rights to the Services or any Software.
Unless you are expressly authorized by SEO Company #1, you may not display, copy, reproduce, or distribute the Software, any component thereof, any documentation provided in connection with the Services or the Software. Violation of these restrictions may result in the termination of this Agreement.
- 4.2. You acknowledge and agree that the Services and the SEO Company #1 company names and logos and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans, are the property of SEO Company #1 or its affiliates or suppliers (collectively, the “Marks”). You are not authorised to use any of the Marks in any advertising, publicity or any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of SEO Company #1. Your use of the Services confers no title or ownership in the Services, the Software or the Marks and is not a sale of any rights in the Services, the Software or the Marks.
- 4.3. The Services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission or solicitation of any material that violates Australian federal, state or other laws that may apply in this jurisdiction or your local area is prohibited.
- 4.4. In using the varied features of the Services, you may provide information (such as name, address, contact information, and other registration information) to SEO Company #1. SEO Company #1 may use this information and any technical information about your use of the Services to tailor its presentations to you, facilitate your movement through the Service, or communicate separately with you. SEO Company #1 will not provide information to companies you have not authorised for that purpose unless required by law or if you are terminated from SEO Company #1 due to unsolicited commercial email being sent from your account.
- 4.5. You agree to complete and return an SEO Setup Form which will include details of your competition, your selection of keywords, for analysis and subsequent final approval, and your FTP details within 2 weeks of signing the agreement. In the event that this is not provided SEO Company #1 reserves the right to start the service based on the information available on the website.
5.1. Unless otherwise specified elsewhere, You may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing 30 days’ notice in writing, however, the minimum period this agreement can run is 3 months. There are no refunds for any fees paid and You are responsible to pay the total amount of fees due over the minimum 3-month period. The minimum cost of this agreement is the stated Setup Fee plus 3 X Monthly Fees. Termination will only be effective 30 days after receipt of your cancellation. If the monthly anniversary falls within the 30-day notice period, the next monthly fee will be due in full, as the agreement can only cease at midnight the day before the monthly anniversary. Unless advised in writing this agreement, the Service and the fees will continue indefinitely.
5.2. SEO Company #1 may terminate this Agreement or the Services, or disable your account, in each case at any time with or without cause, and with or without notice. SEO Company #1 shall have no liability to you or any third party because of such termination or action.
6. Warranty Disclaimer; Remedies
USE OF THE SERVICES AND ANY RELIANCE BY YOU UPON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY ACTION TAKEN BY YOU BECAUSE OF SUCH USE OR RELIANCE, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SEO Company #1DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES IT MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND SEO Company #1 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Your exclusive and sole remedy for any failure or non-performance of the Services shall be for SEO Company #1 to use commercially reasonable efforts to adjust or repair the Services.
7. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL SEO Company #1 OR ANY OF ITS UNDERLYING SERVICE PROVIDERS, BUSINESS PARTNERS, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, ACCOUNT PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO FOR PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION AS “SEO Company #1”) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY MONEY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, COVER, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SEO Company #1 SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. IN THE EVENT THAT NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, SEO Company #1 IS FOUND LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), THE LIABILITY OF SEO Company #1 TO YOU WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 8.1. SEO Company #1 and you agree that the Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications, and other understandings relating to the subject matter of the Agreement, and that all waivers and modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No delay or omission by either party in exercising any right or remedy under this Agreement or existing at law or equity shall be considered a waiver of such right or remedy.
- 8.2. If any provision of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- 8.3. No partnership, agency, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of the Agreement, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind SEO Company #1 in any respect whatsoever.
- 8.4. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under the Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover its costs and solicitors fees.
- 8.5. It is the intention of the parties to this Agreement that this Agreement and the performance under this Agreement, and all suits and special proceedings under this Agreement, be construed in accordance with and governed, to the exclusion of the law of any other forum, by the laws of the state of NSW (in Australia), without regard to the jurisdiction in which any action or special proceeding may be instituted.
- 8.6. You accept that if you do not provide SEO Company #1 with the FTP or CMS login details of your website the performance of the service will be adversely affected as this forms an integral part of the success of the service.
9. Debtor Policy
9.1. Default & Consequences Of Default
- Interest on overdue accounts shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due daily until the date of payment at a rate of 11% per calendar month and shall accrue at such a rate after as well as before any judgment.
- If You default in payment of any invoice when due, You will indemnify SEO Company #1 from and against all of SEO Company #1’s costs and disbursements including on a solicitor and own client basis and in addition all costs of collection.
- Without prejudice to any other remedies, SEO Company #1 may have, if at any time You are in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment), SEO Company #1 may suspend or terminate the supply of Goods to the Buyer and any of its other obligations under the terms and conditions. SEO Company #1 will not be liable to You for any loss or damage You suffer because SEO Company #1 exercised its rights under this clause.
- If any account remains unpaid by the next monthly anniversary after the supply of the goods or services the following shall apply: An immediate amount of $50.00 shall be levied for administration fees which sum shall become immediately due and payable.
- In the event that:
- any money payable to SEO Company #1 becomes overdue, or in SEO Company #1’s opinion You will be unable to meet payments as they fall due; or
- You become insolvent, convene a meeting with your creditors or propose or enter into an arrangement with creditors, make an assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or
- a receiver, manager, liquidator (provisional or otherwise), or similar person is appointed in respect of You or any asset of You; then SEO Company #1 shall be entitled to cancel all or any part of any order from You which remains unperformed in addition to and without prejudice to any other remedies; and
- all amounts owing to SEO Company #1 shall, whether or not due under these terms and conditions, and SEO Company #1 may take any lawful steps to require payment of the amounts due and the total minimum amount due under this agreement.
- SEO Company #1 can issue proceedings to recover the minimum amount due under this agreement notwithstanding that ownership of the Goods may not have passed to You.
SEO Company #1 Terms & Conditions
The Content Writing
- SEO Company #1 agrees to create written material for insertion on Client’s website upon the appeal of the Client and per the approved terms.
- SEO Company #1 agrees to use rational care to ensure that all facts and statements in the work are correct and that the work does not trespass upon any copyright, or any other right of a third party.
- SEO Company #1 admits that Client has the right to edit the work in a time frame agreed and that SEO Company #1 will collaborate with Client in editing and rereading the work erstwhile to publication.
- Client agrees that they are accountable for studying the final draft for correctness to include spelling and grammatical errors, statements and assertions. SEO Company #1 is not liable for errors discovered after the website gets live.
The Web Design And Development
- SEO Company #1 approves design and develop a website at Client’s request and will deliver the job by to the settled conditions.
- Client is solely responsible for describing the detailed structure, number of pages required, and other relevant terms and conditions.
- Client agrees to supply the SEO Company #1 with satisfactory photography or imagery to use in the design.
- Client is responsible for obtaining and buying a domain name. SEO Company #1 may at its discretion instruct Client on suitable names.
- Client hereby admits that SEO Company #1 is not accountable for any errors, grammatical or otherwise found in the material provided by client.
- SEO Company #1 agrees to resolve any errors or implement revisions requested by Client. Client agrees that a maximum of three revisions are available(depending on package). Major changes in design won’t be done in revisions.
- Client acknowledges that any change requests after final approval has been given to SEO Company #1 or after website is live will be charged. SEO Company #1 will not begin work on following change requests until full payment has been received.
- Client admits that SEO Company #1 will add a “Web Design” by “SEO Company #1” link to the footnote section of each website they work on. This is branding of SEO Company #1 and to eliminate it will charge.
- Due to business nature, SEO Company #1 will not be liable if your website got hacked, lost rankings or errors etc.
- Clients can cancel website development or digital marketing project if the team of SEO Company #1 has not started work and won’t accept any cancellation after 1 calendar day.
- Once the website is live then paid support will be provided at the rate of 500 Rs+18% GST.
Logo And Graphic Design
- We try to create unique logos and provide our recommendations. Our logo designs are built based on research & concept building & we assure you of an alternate logo design if a Trade Mark on the logo is rejected due to any reason.
- If you face any problem during trademark registration then you are free to contact us and we will offer you some other variations that you can chose. However, we do not have access to all the existing logos like the trademark registry has and it is nearly impossible to be 100% certain that the chosen design is in no way a loose match of an existing design.
Note – Any terms agreed in final proposal/email will also be considered along with terms mentioned in this term page.